The CLOUD-BRICKS Network
connections with encrypted channels for remote access.
Two types of VPN connections are currently supported:
L2TP/IPSEC (Remote Management VPN)
These connections can be configured navigating to "Networking>VPN
Users" on the left menu.
- It is used to connect an external computer to a specific VLAN.
- It is useful to set up an encrypted remote access connection
in order to manage servers within a VLAN from a desktop or
- The idea is to create a safe temporary access for an
- You can connect from any IP. Specially useful for mobile
- Authentication is made via X.509 digital certificates.
For more information see:
IPSEC remote network (site to site VPN)
- The goal of this type of VPN is to connect permanently the
private network of a customer with a particular VLAN withing your private Cloud.
- These connections can be configured by navigating to "Netwotking>
VPN Networks" on the left menu.
- It is used to connect an external private network with a VLAN within the Cloud using an IPSEC
- You will need a router with IPSEC support on the customer's
- This type of VPN will allow client computers located in the
customer network to transparently access servers located in the
- Network access will be allowed only to a Fixed IP address on
the customer side.
- Authentication is performed using an IPSEC "Pre-Shared Key".
- When an external network is connected to a VLAN by the IPSEC
system, the public IP address of the remote network can not be
used for any other VPN connection.
For more information see: VPN site to Site